Greenlee EK425LDO11 Crimping Tool
Greenlee Gator battery powered crimping tool with CJD3O double die head and 120 volt battery charger. With the new 6 ton EK425L tools has taken the best in class EK425 and packed it with additional exclusive features to make the crimping task faster and easier while providing assurance that each crimp is complete.
The EK425L is operated with one hand, leaving the other hand free to position the cable and connector. The crimping jaws open wide to fit easily over connectors. To help prepare for a crimp the jaws can be jogged closed until they just grip the connector allowing the operator to position the cable in the connector before finishing the crimp. When a crimp is fully completed the EK425L signals the operator by automatically opening the jaws. It is then ready to make the next crimp. And when the crimping jaws need to be opened before a crimp is complete the operator can simply push a button on the back side of the tool.
Provides 6-Tons of crimping force. State of the art 18V lithium ion (Li-ion) battery provides 80% more cycles per charge and 20% faster cycle times. Will complete approximately 325 crimps per battery charge on 4/0 AWG splices. Available with 120V, 12V, or 230V battery charger.
A pressure sensor monitors the crimping force of each crimp and provides the operator a visual and audible alert if the force is below specifications and this assures that every crimp meets specification. LED light provides the operator with the battery charge and tool maintenance status. Smart chargers control the charging current, charging voltage, and battery temperature to maximize battery life.
One trigger controls all tool functions. Over molded tacky grip areas make gripping the tool easier and more comfortable. LED work light illuminates dark work areas.
Greenlee battery powered crimping tools now use biodegradable oil.
*Includes crimping tool with head, 2 batteries, charger, and carrying pouch.*
- Crimping Force: 6 Tons (54 kN)
- Crimping Jaws: CJD3O
- Length: (with jaws) 18.5 inch (470 mm)
- Width: (head open) 4 inch (108 mm)
- Weight: (with jaws) 6.8 lbs. (3 kg)
- Battery: 18V 3.0 Ah Li-ion
- Charger: 120 volt
- Est. Cycles per Charge: 325
- Crimp Cycle Time: 4 seconds
- Battery Charge Time: 30 minutes
- 5/8 inch Service Entrance Connectors: 10-1/0 AWG
- .840 Service Entrance Connectors: 1/0-4/0 AWG
- Aluminum “H” Taps: 6-4/0 AWG
- Copper “H” Taps: 10-2 AWG
- Copper Tension Splices: 6-2/0 AWG
- All Aluminum Tension Splices: 6-4/0 AWG
- One Piece ACSR Tension Splices: 4-1/0 AWG
- Two Piece ACSR Tension Splices: 2 AWG-477 kcmil
- Aluminum Jumper Splices: 4 AWG-266.8 kcmil
- Stirrups: 2-4/0 AWG
- Copper color coded lugs and splices: 8 AWG-500 kcmil
- Aluminum color coded lugs and splices: 8-4/0 AWG
Instruction and Parts Manual