This is a Greenlee hydraulic pole tamper with a trigger and a bail. The tamper has an 8" kidney shaped foot. This tool is typically used by utility crews to backfill dirt around new power poles. Farmers also use this tamper when installing new fence posts. It saves time and your body from using the old hand tamp.
- Makes quick work of setting poles, asphalt patch, and general construction backfill compacting.
- Built in control valve on the tube makes it much easier to control the tamper vs models with the valve on the hoses.
- Kidney shaped foot makes it easy to tamp round poles and posts.
- Only three moving parts for low maintenance.
- Rotate trigger spool for open or closed center hydraulic systems.
- System: Open or closed center
- Valve Location: End of tamper
- Length: 72 inch (1,829 mm)
- Weight: 23 lb. (10.4 kg)
- Width: 4 inch (102 mm)
- Flow Range: 4 to 6 gpm (15 to 23 lpm)
- Operating Pressure: 1,000 to 2,000 psi (69 to 140 bar)
- Pressure Port Thread: 9/16 - 18 SAE O-ring
- Return Port Thread: 3/4 - 16 SAE O-ring
- Standard Foot Size: 2.5 x 8 inch (63 x 203 mm) kidney shaped
- Blows Per Minute: 1,160 at 5 gpm (19 lpm)
Parts and Instruction Manual