Hydraulic Pole Tamper Greenlee H4802
Greenlee Fairmont hydraulic pole tamper with hose end valve and kidney shaped foot. This tool is typically used by utility crews to back fill after installing new power poles but have many other uses.
Farmers and fence companies have started using them to tamp around fence posts. No matter what you are tamping it is much easier and faster then the old way of using a spud bar. This saves you both time and money in the long term and is much easier on your body.
If you are using a tractor or a skid steer as your hydraulic source to run the tamper and the unit does not have a circuit to reduce the pressure and flow then you will have to purchase a flow control device before using the tamper on your equipment. We carry two types of flow control devices in stock here.
- Makes quick work of setting poles, asphalt patch, and general construction back fill compacting
- Only three moving parts for low maintenance
- Kidney shaped foot to tamp around round poles and posts easily
- Hose end valve is a reversible on/off valve for open and closed center hydraulic systems
- System: Open and closed center
- Valve Location: End of hose
- Length: 60 inch (1,524 mm)
- Weight: 23 lb. (10.4 kg)
- Width: 4 inch (102 mm)
- Flow Range: 4 to 6 gpm (15 to 23 lpm)
- Operating Pressure: 1,000 to 2,000 psi (69 to 140 bar)
- Pressure Port Thread: 9/16 - 18 SAE O-ring
- Return Port Thread: 3/4 - 16 SAE O-ring
- Foot Size: 2.5 inch by 8 inch (63 x 203 mm) kidney shaped
- Blows Per Minute: 1,160 at 5 gpm (19 lpm)
Parts and Instruction Manual